7 reasons to EXPLORE
Exploration is a priority in my life, and in our family life. Here are 7 reasons why:
- We need to step out of routine, regularly. If we don't, it's too easy to get stuck in a rut.
- Looking at new places and new people, with eyes to see, reveals more of the Lord. He's the Creator of all we have to explore and there is something of Himself to be found in every place and person.
- Taking time to explore, creates SPACE in our lives to BREATHE.
- The unusual and unfamiliar give us fresh eyes to see our usual and everyday with joy and discovery.
- New experiences stimulate creative thought and even solutions to problems we may be stuck on.
- Taking time to explore takes us beyond obligation, which can suck the life out of us if we stay in it for too long at a time. It invites freedom, whimsy, and a little bit of healthy frivolity.
- Exploration teaches us to enjoy the processes of life, the coming and going and the being in-between. There's no right or wrong way to do it. There's no answer that needs to be found. There's no pressure. The purpose IS the process.
Of course, this is far from an exhaustive list. Leave me a comment below to tell me your reasons for making time in your life to explore. I'd love to hear!
And take some time, even if just a few minutes, to explore today.